MAIN TEXT: 1 John 2:3-5
Christian steadfastness remains one of the most important attributes to possess in order to win till the end. Remember that, we live in an unredeemed and fallen world, marked by sin and suffering, a world that is still waiting for judgment and new creation. We will consider one opposing character to being a steadfast Christian
PLEASING MEN RATHER THAN PLEASING GOD: Luke 6:26, Exodus 32:1-5, 21-22
Seeking to please people and showing more concern for what others think than what pleases God or what He thinks is sinful and wrong! Paul’s statement to the Galatians shows the erroneousness of pleasing men over pleasing God (Galatians 1:10). He simply states that for him to do so that he “should not be a servant of Christ.
” King Saul’s reason for not doing what God had commanded him was, “the people took the spoils” (1 Samuel 15:19, 21). And when faced with his rebellion and disobedience by the prophet Samuel, he said, “I feared the people” (1 Samuel 15:24). His fear was not of physical harm they could do to him, but of losing the favor and approval of the people. He desired that more than he desired God’s favor.
THE WAY OF LIFE AND VICTORY
1) Know Christ and walk with Him personally ; Philippians 3:10, 2 Peter 3:18, 1 John 5:20
2) Don’t lose the Truth; Proverbs 23:23, 2 Timothy 2:15, Ephesians 6:24
3) Serve with love; 1 Corinthians 16:14, Romans 13:8, Jude 1:21
4) Let the heavenly reward be your greatest goal; Revelation 22:12-14, 2 John 1:8, Revelation 3:11
5) Reverence God: Psalm 34:7, Proverbs 19:23
YOU CAN CONTACT HERE: PASTOR NNAEMEKA DURUEKE (firstname.lastname@example.org)